Tottenham have a chance to pick up the striker, according to the former director

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”


Tottenham are still on the hunt for Paulo Dybala after allegations that Spurs director Fabio Paratici is still “crazy” with the striker after signing him to Juventus.

Dybala are set to leave Juventus on a free transfer at the end of the season. Inter Milan are in the seat to make a deal, but Tottenham are also still in the mix. It tells former Palermo director Rino Foschi.

Foschi was involved in the deal that meant Dybala left Palermo for Juve back in 2015. There were offers on the table from Napoli and Inter Milan at the time. But Paratici, then in Juve, came in and blew the deals out of the water.

Paratics a great admirer

Paratici counted the forces at Juve to inject the money, and it paid off. The Argentine national team player actually turned out to be a sneak.

“Juve arrived with an offer of 30 million cash on the table,” Foschi told 1 Station Radio. “The two directors did not agree with (Dybala)’s assessment. Marotta thought it was exaggerated, while Paratici wanted him at all costs.”

Dybala has scored 113 goals and 48 assists in 285 games for Juventus, so it was money well spent. And Foschi believes that is why Tottenham can not be ruled out of the hunt right now.

Inter Milan hope to have more luck this time, but no deal has yet been reached. In fact, Inter have not yet shown their hand and made an offer. But there is not far with negotiations that are said to be underway.

Reports claim that Dybala has turned down all interest from other clubs because he has put his heart on Inter. It would be a hammer blow to Tottenham’s hopes.

Inter seem to fit Dybala perfectly. He can continue to play in Serie A and the Champions League and does not have to uproot his family.

So more money and a chance to play in the Premier League is no motivation for him.

Still, Foschi says that until an agreement is signed, Spurs still have a chance because of Paratici.

Tottenham still an option

“At the moment, the Inter path seems the most likely,” Foschi added. “But I do not want to rule out Tottenham, given how crazy Paratici is for him.”

Newcastle United has also been linked to a switch to the attacker. But if he goes to England, Tottenham will be the most likely destination for him.

The Paratici and Antonio Conte combination would definitely win the day. But so far he has set his heart on Inter, and a move looks sure to happen this summer.

READ MORE: Tottenham ‘very convinced’ that they have got an early Ten Hag blow by beating Man Utd for the summer cup

.



Source link

Latest News

DR Congo international Jody Lukoki dies at 29 years old

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” DR Congo international winger Jody Lukoki has died at the age of 29 and the cause of his death is currently unknown. Lukoki came through the ranks of Dutch giants Ajax before joining PEC Zwolle, Bulgarian club Ludogorets and Turkish Yeni […]

Read More
Latest News

Jose Mourinho ready to try out Liverpool left-back understudy Tsimikas

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” Roma boss Jose Mourinho is looking to the Premier League for a left-back and is implicitly eager for a switch to Kostas Tsimikas. The Liverpool man has played 23 games last season after struggling to get playing time last season. The […]

Read More
Latest News

LA Galaxy puts on make-up in MLS, Whitecaps and Nashville keep clean table

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.” The Los Angeles Galaxy was an important early spot in the Western Conference, securing a 1-0 away win over Austin FC on Sunday. Marco Delgado’s attack in the sixth minute was enough to separate the two sides as Galaxy moved to […]

Read More