This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Ben White produced a Man of the Match performance as Arsenal secured a tough match against Liverpool in the first match of their EFL Cup semi-final.
The eyebrows were raised when the Gunners paid Brighton £ 50m for White last summer, but he has already begun to justify that price tag.
The English national team player has helped strengthen Arsenal’s leaky defense and played his 22nd appearance of the season against Liverpool.
Despite receiving a red card in the 24th minute, Granit Xhaka defended White and his Arsenal team-mates defensively against Percent Liverpool from having a single shot on goal.
We have taken a look at seven of the best stats from his Man of the Match display in a 0-0 draw.
– White made more tackles (3), more interceptions (3) and more blocks (3) than any other player on the field.
– The 24-year-old also won three of his ground duels and made five clearings against Jurgen Klopp’s side.
– Arsenal had to avoid making more stupid mistakes after Xhaka’s red card and White had a tackle success rate of 100%.
– DailyAFC (@DailyAFC) January 13, 2022
– Despite playing against people like Diogo Jota and Roberto Firmino, the defender was not dribbled past by a single Liverpool player.
– He did not see much of the ball against Liverpool, but still showed his impressive passing range and completed three long balls at Anfield.
– White’s impressive performance helped Arsenal become the first team to stop Liverpool from scoring at Anfield in 2021-22. The Gunners are also the first visiting team to keep a clean sheet at Anfield when there was an audience since Bayern Munich in February 2019.
– White has now kept 11 clean sheets in his first 22 games for Arsenal in all tournaments. That’s just eight fewer than Arsenal registered throughout last season.
Watch: Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka kicks Diogo Jota in the chest and is sent off
Can you name Arsenal’s 20 youngest Premier League debutants?