This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Andriy Shevchenko is in the conversation to take over Chelsea manager if the Blues decide to part ways with manager Frank Lampard.
With Chelsea languishing in ninth place in the Premier League table, Le10sport is reporting that the Ukrainian’s name is on the Blues’ list of possible replacements.
Shevchenko played for the club between 2006 and 2008 and has since forged a managerial career with the Ukraine national team, moving from the U19 and U21 teams to the senior bench.
MAIN STORY – SHEVCHENKO IS CONSIDERED AS NEXT DIRECTOR OF CHELSEA
Chelsea are studying their options to replace Lampard and his former Blues teammate Shevchenko is part of the short list, Le10sports reports.
The 44-year-old led Ukraine through an undefeated qualifying campaign for Euro 2020 to reach the final, drawing 0-0 in Portugal and defeating the European champions 2-1, in Kiev.
Shevchenko remains close to the club as his 14-year-old son, Kristian, plays at the Blues academy and is well loved by the club’s owner, Roman Abramovich, Le10sports sources say.
Chelsea ‘line up Andriy Shevchenko to replace Lampard as coach if results don’t improve’https://t.co/aoBK3xTbKD
– The football of the sun (@TheSunFootball) January 4, 2021
– Manchester city are closely following the Real Madrid stalwart and soon to be a free agent Sergio Ramos, who has been in the Spanish capital for 15 years, multiple sources have told ESPN.
Sergio Ramos has scored more league goals (13) than Antoine Griezmann (12) since the start of last season
– WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) January 4, 2021
– Ramos may be coming out, but Bayern Munich’s out-of-contract defender David Alaba will come to Madrid, after Barcelona withdrew from the race to sign the Austrian, report the Daily Star and the Daily Mail.
– Arsenal they are closely watching Norwich city playmaker Emiliano Buendia, according to Football London. Independent reports Joe willock spirit Reiss nelson will be offered in an exchange.
– But the Gunners may be out of luck, Sky Sports reports, as Canarias will refuse to sell the coveted Buendia stars. Max aarons spirit Todd cantwell in an attempt to book his return to the Premier League.
– LaLiga title contenders Atletico Madrid They aim to replace the late Diego Costa with the ace scorer of Real Sociedad Willian Josesay reports in Spanish media AS.
– Everton spirit Rome will fight for the signature of the right back of Lille Mehmet Zeki Celik, with the Serie A club’s bid for the United States ace of FC Dallas Bryan reynolds on the rocks, informs Fabrizio Romano.
Roma have started talks with agents of Mehmet Zeki Celik [Lille] as a right-back, after Bryan Reynolds stalled [Juve and Brugge always interested]. There is no official offer yet. Everton was also in contact with their agents [weeks ago]. #Rome #Little @DiMarzio @SkySport
– Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) January 4, 2021