This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Ruben Neves is Erik ten Hag’s number one midfield goal in his first transfer window as manager of Manchester United.
Neves, 25, signed for Wolves from Porto in 2017 and quickly asserted himself as a crucial cog in midfield.
United made a switch to the Portuguese national team player in the January transfer window and were rejected, but they were reportedly ready to come up with a much more comprehensive offer this time.
TOP HISTORY – RED DEVILS LAUNCHED ANOTHER PROGRESS TO NEVES
After United’s £ 35m bid in January failed, The Sun reports Wolves will have in the order of £ 50 million. to sell star man Neves.
The Wolves have reportedly been preparing for life without Neves for some time now, aiming for 26-year-old Sporting CP midfielder Joao Palhinha as his long-term replacement. They are also said to have a keen interest in Benfica’s Martim Neto, showing the clear connections their scouting department has with the Primeira Liga.
However, United will have tough competition for Neves’ signature, too Barcelona reportedly eager.
– Paris Saint Germain are open to Neymar leaves in the next window, according to ESPN, with chelsea named as a club of interest.
– The Star reports that Benfica has told interested parties – including United – it attacks Darwin Nunez will cost £ 100m.
– Bayern Munich will pay £ 25 million for Liverpool Sadio Mane as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski, according to L’Equipe.
– It reports The Telegraph AstonVilla will explore the possibility of picking up manager Steven Gerrard’s former teammate, Luis Suarezwhich is a free agent.
– Newcastle United has made inquiries about Bayer Leverkusen winger Moussa Diabyand hope to add the French national team player to their attack for next season, according to The Telegraph.