This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The future of Lionel Messi has been the subject of much speculation, but a reunion with Pep Guardiola is still very present in Manchester City’s plans.
Messi has been unhappy with his situation at Barcelona since the end of last season, despite insistence from head coach Ronald Koeman that his superstar captain is happy.
Messi, a four-time Champions League winner, tried unsuccessfully to force an exit in August, however, there will be no legal clauses to stop him when his contract expires in June 2021.
MAIN STORY: MESSI WANTED IN A FIVE YEAR AGREEMENT
The City Football Group (CFG) is considering a raid in 2021 that will see Lionel messi time divided by your Premier League power Manchester city and MLS franchise NY, according to the Telegraph.
A five-year contract could be offered to the captain of Barcelona superstar Messi, which includes three years in England, leading to the six-time Ballon d’Or winner at the age of 37, followed by two more in the United States. .
In an interview with Spanish television channel La Sexta, Messi admitted his desire to one day play in the United States, an indication that the City proposal may be on his mind.
Leo Messi to La Sexta about Manchester City and Guardiola: “I don’t know how long my last talk with Pep Guardiola lasted, but we did talk. We do not talk about whether we will meet again. For me Pep is the best, he has something special ”. #MCFC @samuelmarsden
– Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) December 27, 2020
– Arsenal close a six-month loan contract for the Real Madrid star Isco after making the Spanish international his main target for January. Mikel Arteta’s side faces competition from Sevilla, reports Diario AS.
Bukayo Saka is impressing for Arsenal, but Mikel Arteta, inclined to move for Isco, keeps his focus on the transfer market …https://t.co/iV40LwMn9C
– AS English (@English_AS) December 29, 2020
– Tottenham must be prepared for a Paris Saint-German assault when Mauricio Pochettino is named head coach of the Ligue 1 champions, Eurosport claims. Share Alli has been a long-term goal of PSG, but Serge aurier, Hugo Lloris spirit Harry winks can also be considered.
– Spurs they are preparing a move for the star of RB Leipzig Marcel sabitzer, who has 18 months left on his contract. German media Bild reports that the club’s sporting director Markus Krosche has admitted that José Mourinho is interested in the midfielder.
– The long saga of By Georginio Wijnaldum future will climax this week and the Dutchman is ready to choose Liverpool above Barcelona. The Liverpool Echo reports that the midfielder’s young family is settled in Merseyside and Wijnaldum is now desperate to re-sign with the Reds.
– Borussia Dortmund wants to make Manchester City’s 18-year-old youth product Jayden braaf ‘the next Jadon Sancho’. Bild says the Bundesliga club is preparing a January offer of € 10 million (£ 9 million), while City will insist on inserting a buyback clause in any deal.
– Tuttosport reports Diego Costa, Captain of Lyon Memphis Depay and Liverpool forward Divock Origi they are in Juventus radar is targeting the January transfer window. Costa is a free agent after leaving Atletico Madrid, while Depay has signed up to join Boat.
– With Costa leaving Athletic, Diario AS, Mundo Deportivo and Marca claim the interest of the LaLiga club in the future free and marginalized agent of Napoli Arkadiusz Milik is growing.