This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Following their exit into the hands of Roma in the Europa Conference League semi-finals, Leicester City are on their way to every club in their size after some success.
History says that sustainable progress must be made at the expense of selling the players who got the club to such heights.
While James Maddison and Wesley Fofana have long been on the wish list of bigger clubs, Youri Tielemans reportedly also seems to be leaving.
TOP STORY – ARSENAL, REAL MADRID SET ON TIELEMANS
Arsenal are approaching a £ 40m transfer to Leicester City and Belgian midfielder Youri Tielemans, The Sun reports.
However, Real Madrid are waiting to throw themselves out if Arsenal do not qualify for the Champions League this season.
Leicester have now reportedly given up on selling the 25-year-old, whose goal won the Foxes FA Cup last season.
Tielemans has made no secret of his desire to play Champions League football, meaning Manchester United have dropped out of the race.
Brendan Rodgers sits down to discuss Thursday’s match with Roma and looks forward to #LeiEve on Filbert Way on Sunday
– Leicester City (@LCFC) May 7, 2022
– Fernandinho seems to be leaving Man City, despite having a year left on his contract, citing a personal decision, according to Fabrizio Romano.
– Tottenham seeking to sign Villarreal’s Paul Torres for a fee under his £ 55 million (€ 64.3 million) release clause, reports Football Insider.
– Daily Star reports Nemanja Maticwho leaves Manchester United at the end of the season is ready to join Juventus.
– West ham leads the race to pick up the 23-year-old Chile international Ben Brereton-Diaz from Blackburn Rovers according to The Sun.