QB Smith ‘sure’ legal issues will not be a burden

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”


RENTON, Wash. Seattle Seahawks quarterback Geno Smith says he does not anticipate “any problem” following his arrest in January on suspicion of DUI.

Smith, who is competing with Drew Lock to replace Russell Wilson as Seattle’s starter, was made available to reporters on Wednesday for the first time since his arrest.

“Those things will be fixed, but I’m extremely sure of all those things,” Smith said after the Seahawks’ second minicamp practice. “The things they have a timeline and they need to be worked out, but I see no problem.”

A spokesman for King County’s prosecution told ESPN last month that the office is still awaiting blood test results from the State Patrol Crime Lab before making an indictment, and that blood tests in DUI cases currently take about 10 months to process.

Smith, 31, was arrested in the Seattle suburb of Bellevue at 6 p.m. 02.10 on January 10, hours after the Seahawks returned home from their season finale in Arizona. According to an arrest report, Washington State charged Patrol Smith with allegedly driving 90 mph in a 60-mph zone and driving irregularly across multiple lanes. A state soldier “discovered a strong odor of drugs and observed that the driver had bloodshot, watery eyes.” Smith told the state trooper that he had been given some wine earlier in the night, but that he had stopped drinking 90 minutes before he was stopped.

A judge issued a search warrant for a blood sample after Smith refused to take a preliminary breath test.

into tweet afterwardsSmith wrote that “being arrested brings a stain on the reputation that is impossible to regret no matter what really happened. I ask you all to refrain from judging me in the same way that you would do for a friend or a family member I want more to say along the way and ask you to expose me. “

Smith is vying for the Seahawks’ starting job after spending the past three seasons as Wilson’s backup. He went 1-2 in three fill-in starts for Wilson last season and was re-signed in April to a $ 3.5 million one-year deal that includes $ 500,000 guaranteed with an additional $ 3.5 million available in incentives.





Source link

Similar Posts