This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Reigning Premier League champions Liverpool were at their best during their 7-0 win against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah scored twice, while Takumi Minamino, Sadio Mane and Jordan Henderson were also on the scoresheet.
We’ve rounded up seven of the most remarkable stats from this incredible game.
– Liverpool scored seven goals in just eight shots on goal against Palace.
– The Reds have recorded an away win in the top flight by a seven-goal margin for the first time in their history.
It is Liverpool’s first seven-goal league win since a 9-0 win over Crystal Palace in September 1989.
– The first team to score and concede seven goals in away games in the same Premier League season.
– Liverpool’s win over Palace saw seven different players record an assist for one team in a match for the first time in Premier League history.
– After coming off the bench against Palace, Mohamed Salah became the first substitute to directly participate in three goals in a Premier League match with Liverpool.
– For the first time in Premier League history, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino scored and assisted in the same game.
– Liverpool have scored 600 goals in 288 games in all competitions since the appointment of Jurgen Klopp in October 2015. That’s the fastest they have reached that figure with any manager.
– Klopp has won more Premier League matches than any other Liverpool manager, beating Rafa Benítez’s record of 126.
– Aginst Roy Hodgson Palace, Liverpool scored 29% of the Premier League goals he scored during Hodgson’s reign at Anfield.
Liverpool’s eight wonderful kids in FM2021: Koumetio, Jones, Elliott …
Can you name all the players who will score a Premier League hat-trick for Liverpool?
‘He’s a great talent’: everything you need to know about Liverpool’s Billy Koumetio
Where are you now? Liverpool’s eleven on Steven Gerrard’s debut in 1998