This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
A transfer insider has claimed that Liverpool will sell one of their famous front three in the summer transfer window.
The Reds improved their attacking opportunities in January when Colombian national team player Luis Diaz arrived from Porto. The deal is initially worth £ 37.5 million, but could rise to £ 50 million if certain bonuses are met.
Diaz adapts well to Jurgen Klopp’s system and already impresses Liverpool supporters. He scored his first goal for the club in their 3-1 win over Norwich on Saturday.
Diaz was sent through on goal by a sharp Jordan Henderson pass and went on to beat goalkeeper Angus Gunn with a delicately chipped finish.
The left winger’s performance led to praise from former Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge. He tweeted: ‘Luis Diaz looks like a top player. With the words from [former Bolton manager] Owen Coyle, ‘he’s sharp as a striker’. ‘
Sturridge also praised Liverpool officials Mike Gordon and Julian Ward for their involvement in the transfer.
However, the significant outlay could mean that Klopp loses one of his attackers when the transfer window opens again.
Insider gives Liverpool concession
During an interview with GivMeSportsaid transfer insider Dean Jones: “Med [Sadio] Mane and [Roberto] Firmino, one of them will be gone next season, according to what I’ve been told. It will be exciting to see which one it is. ”
According to a report from Goal earlier this month, Mane is willing to leave Anfield if Barcelona or Real Madrid come to call.
Other businesses have lined up Firmino for a Liverpool exit amid the exceptional form of Diogo Jota. Goal Football Insider claims that the Brazilian will receive a new contract offer later this year.
Of course, a player not yet mentioned is Mo Salah, who has been in great shape this campaign. 25 goals in 30 matches, to be exact.
Salah’s contract expires in 2023 and Liverpool officials are working hard to organize a renewal. Like Mane, the Egyptian is on the radar of Barcelona and Real Madrid.
However, 29-year-old Salah revealed last month that he ‘wants to stay’. The striker ‘does not ask for crazy things’ and his future is ‘in the hands of the club’.
Bukayo Saka, Conor Gallagher, Phil Foden and six other candidates for Young Player of the Year
Jamie Carragher weights the future of the trio
Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher already has that given its verdict about the future of Salah, Mane and Firmino.
It told the former defender Liverpool Echo: “I think Mo Salah is the one you want sorted first, possibly more than the others.
“You look at him and Mane now in the Africa Cup of Nations final, two of the world’s best strikers, and the service they have given the club. Hopefully we can get some more years out of them.
“These are legends in this club and we will talk about them in 20-30 years, how good they have been.”
Carragher added: “But nothing lasts forever. And that’s why Liverpool have done such really good business with Luis Diaz. Because maybe, who knows, at the end of the season or the year after, one of the top three will move on. They’re that age in football.
“But if you’re another player on that team, you’ll be absolutely delighted if those players join the other five or six, or whatever it is, to sign new contracts, and that bodes well for Liverpool’s future. “
READ MORE: The player’s preference means that a decision has been made about midfield aces, wanted by Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea