Gor Mahia beat Zoo FC winless, Ulinzi Stars beat Mathare United

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

K’Ogalo found a way beyond his visitors after narrowly losing to Vihiga United in the last game when the Soldiers defeated the Slum Boys.

After Vihiga United’s humiliation, Gor Mahia responded by defeating Zoo FC 3-0 in a Premier League match of the Kenya Football Federation on Wednesday in Kasaarni.

Winger Samuel Onyango scored the first goal for Gor Mahia before Kenneth Muguna added the second to give the reigning champion the victory and a clean sheet. A clinical goal in extra minutes from Sydney Ochieng sealed the victory for the record-breaking league champions.

Onyango’s goal came in the 10th minute after a good performance by the local giants who dominated Kericho’s club in the first quarter of the match.

Muguna doubled the lead two minutes into the half hour when Zoo couldn’t clear the danger even though they had men inside the penalty area.

Jules Ulimwengu, who scored the third goal for K’Ogalo, could not touch the plate from close range after the good preparation of Muguna and Clifton Miheso in the 40th minute. In the second minute of added time in the first half, Onyango’s brilliant play inside the area would have resulted in another goal, but his center was powerful for Uliwemgu to control and shoot the net.

Zoo nearly scored the first goal when Geoffrey Gichana spotted Boniface Oluoch off his line, but his free kick hit the crossbar to prevent the keeper from conceding and taking responsibility for a poor position in the 50th minute.

Tito Okello came close to scoring in the 80th minute after Nicholas Kipkirui sent him through, but his shot came from close range.

After failing to take advantage of a string of good chances, Gor Mahia scored the third goal in the fourth minute of added time through Ochieng, who finished off with a fine shot.

As K’Ogalo chose victory, Zoo will visit Nzoia Sugar on January 31 in search of a first win of the season.

Meanwhile, at Afraha Stadium, Ulinzi Stars emerged victorious after beating Mathare United 2-1.

The Soldiers took the lead in the seventh minute when a Michael Otieno cross found Daniel Waweru, who fired a rather weak shot that goalkeeper Job Ochieng couldn’t handle and conceded in the process.

Elvis Nandwa doubled the 2010 champions’ lead in the 71st minute after he picked up a cross from Masita Masuta and edged out Ochieng. Daniel Otieno scored the Slum Boys’ only goal in the 88th minute when they recorded another loss.


Source link

%d bloggers like this: