This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Although it was a different kind of celebration, several of the biggest names in the game posted their well wishes on social media.
It wasn’t a normal New Year’s Eve, but footballers around the world still found a way to play in 2021.
After a year in which the coronavirus pandemic revolutionized the world of soccer, several of the biggest names in soccer expressed their wish that 2021 would be better than the year before.
As usual, there were no big New Years parties, but there were still several players expressing their good wishes when the schedule changed from December to January.
Here’s a look at how the soccer world ranks in 2021:
2020 was not an easy year, there is no doubt about that. No one can remain indifferent to the pain and suffering that COVID-19 brought to the world.
But now is the time to bounce back and show that together we can make a difference.
Happy New Year! 🙏🏽❤️ pic.twitter.com/7n1i0ARjiK
– Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) December 31, 2020
Closing a difficult 2020. Looking forward to 2021 with energy and optimism. Happy New Year everyone and for making your wishes come true. 🎉❤️ pic.twitter.com/1mmMQ0V0Vk
– Eric Bailly (@ ericbailly24) December 31, 2020
A year full of growth and learning. Happy New Year to all. pic.twitter.com/H8Wom6JVtz
– Kai Havertz (@ kaihavertz29) December 31, 2020
Happy new year guys! For 2021 !! It has been a difficult and strange year for everyone, but I hope they are safe and well. pic.twitter.com/SU95RRvxF2
– Andy Robertson (@ andrewrobertso5) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year to all of you, I hope all your dreams and New Years resolutions come true in 2021. Let us bring more love, peace and happiness to the world. Treat people the way you want them to treat you – see you soon! 😄 pic.twitter.com/K1O532h84L
Virgil van Dijk (@VirgilvDijk) December 31, 2020
– Alphonso Davies (@AlphonsoDavies) December 31, 2020
F * ck it !!! 2021 Welcome pic.twitter.com/oCFPZo9o2F
– AUBA⚡️ (@ Aubameyang7) December 31, 2020
– Goal (@goal) December 31, 2020
It has been a year of many challenges for everyone around the world. Despite the challenging moments, there have also been some really positive ones, and for that I am very grateful. Stay healthy, safe, positive and have a great 2021. Happy New Year! ❤️💙 pic.twitter.com/2RiODE83bZ
– Sergiño Dest (@sergino_dest) December 31, 2020
– Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) December 31, 2020
Happy new year to all of you! ❤ pic.twitter.com/PTq1KyIYg5
– Mesut Özil (@ MesutOzil1088) December 31, 2020
Happy Birthday! Always, but I have more than ever, a lot of health! #Ravapas💫
– Andrés Iniesta (@ andresiniesta8) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year !! 🎉🎊 pic.twitter.com/cCJEtNAoTu
– Jan Oblak (@oblakjan) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year everyone 😁 pic.twitter.com/CRNYW3whzr
– Eduardo Camavinga (@Camavinga) December 31, 2020