“Fake!” – De Jong transfer legal action plan rejected by Liga MX clothing

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”


Mexican club Toluca confirmed they had been hit by a scam after a statement surfaced online claiming lawsuits against Luuk de Jong were under consideration.

De Jong has reportedly ruled out the idea of ​​a move to the Liga MX, and Toluca has said he will not join them.

The 31-year-old Dutch striker spent last season on loan to Barcelona from Sevilla, mainly as a fringe member of the Camp Nou giants squad.

A statement was posted on social media that was supposed to have come from Toluca, in which it was claimed that a deal for De Jong had been agreed with the player and Sevilla.

He went on to claim that De Jong subsequently did not travel to Mexico, did not answer calls from club owner Valentin Diez and had decided not to move.

The same statement said Toluca, backed by Liga MX officials, looked at what legal options were available to them, acknowledging with the remark: “No one wants to make fun of Toluca and Mexican football.”

Toluca stressed on Saturday that the statement was false, posting a replay through the club’s Twitter account that said: “Our fans and the public are informed that official announcements will always be posted on our official Toluca FC accounts and website.”

It contained a picture of the statement with a thick red line through it and the word “FALSO!”, Which translates as “false”.

In connection with transfer reports, Toluca’s technical director Ignacio Ambriz was quoted by local media on Friday as saying: “The doors were knocked on, but there are no contracts signed with any of them.”





Source link

Similar Posts