Express FC beat MYDA FC to extend unbeaten streak, Vipers SC win

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”

The Red Eagles have stretched their unbeaten streak with another great away win against the promoted team away from home

Express FC maintained their winning streak in the Ugandan Premier League after beating MYDA FC 4-0 in a one-sided match on Tuesday.

The Red Eagles entered the game against the team winless buoyed by a 4-0 beating of BUL FC in their last league game and never disappointed when they stepped onto King George IV Memorial Stadium.

Fit forward George Senkaaba put them ahead in the 22nd minute after rounding out MYDA’s defense to squeeze the ball into any gap. Despite seeing much of the ball in the first half, the charges led by Wasswa Bbosa went into the break with a 1-0 lead.

At the resumption, Express continued to pressure their hosts, but they had to wait until the 58th minute when Godfrey Lwesibawa scored the second goal from a free header and they were 3-0 up two minutes later when Ssenkaba scored his second of the afternoon after a fine finish.

Lwesibawa then made it 4-0 for the Red Eagles, finding a cross from Ssenkaba to propel a low-footed effort past the keeper, however MYDA denied Express keeper Mathias Muwanga a clean sheet after Issa Lumu was fouled inside the area with the referee. pointing to the penalty spot.

Eric Mutebi then stepped in at MYDA to send goalkeeper Muwanga down the wrong path and deliver his team at least one goal from the battle.

In another match, the champions Vipers SC needed a second half goal to sink BUL FC 1-0 at St Marys Kitende Stadium in Kampala.

BUL, who had lost 4-0 in their last league game against Express, turned out to be a tough nut to crack for the Venoms and they had to wait until the 84th minute to snatch vital points after Yunus Sentamu finished off with a brilliant header. by Paul Mucureezi. delivery.

Former champions, KCCA FC, failed to break the Wakiso Giants’ eight-game undefeated streak by settling for a 1-1 draw in another game at Kabaka Kyabaggu sports stadium.

The Kasasiro Boys entered the game after beating MYDA 5-0 in their last outing, but could not find their pass against Wakiso as they struggled to play their usual fluid game.

However, they took a well-deserved lead through Andrew Kigozi, who broke the deadlock in the 40th minute with a hit, but Wakiso leveled things before the break after Ian Ssenfuka scored from the penalty spot.


Source link

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: