Exciting consequences for Benitez after Marcel Brands’ exit from Everton

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”


Everton have parted ways with football director Marcel Brands after mutual consent in a move that will have exciting consequences for Rafa Benitez’s future.

Brands has been employed by Everton since 2018, but is one of a number of people at Goodison Park who have recently been put under the microscope. Despite signing a three-year contract extension in April, the Dutchman has now left the club.

Tea Mirror first revealed the news, confirming that Brands have agreed a resignation package with Everton owner Farhad Moshiri. He gets his salary until the end of the season.

Moshiri has now handed over some of Brands’ former powers to manager Benitez, who himself has been under increasing pressure.

Brands spent nearly £ 300 million on transfers in its time with toffees. Not all of his recruits were successful. Now Benitez gets the chance to shape the squad in January.

A loss to Liverpool in the Merseyside derby this midweek has increased the pressure on the former Reds boss, who was a divisive choice as Everton’s new manager this summer.

But Mirror insists Moshiri still supports him as Everton emerge from the Brands era.

Benitez has reportedly been told he will have money to spend in January. But after making it clear that he wanted more control over where that money went, the Spaniard should no longer be held accountable to the outgoing Brands.

As for the 59-year-old Brands Mirror claims that PSV would like to take him back as CEO. He was previously their football director for eight years before Everton took him on board.

His signings since have been mixed success, and now it’s up to Benitez to strengthen the ranks appropriately.

There has been no official announcement from Everton yet. However, the news has been confirmed by reputable sources such as BBC.

Benitez is calm under Everton pressure

As for Benitez, the coach can concentrate on preparing Everton for their upcoming matches.

Next on the agenda is a home game against Arsenal on Monday. Speaking at a press conference with a view to the fight Benitez denied that he himself felt any pressure.

“I said before, I’m trying to concentrate on my job,” he said.

“Everyone knows that money has been spent, but at the moment we need to be sure that we are improving these players.

“I’m talking about injuries because I want people to realize we did well with the same group in the beginning.”

He also said: “Every win is a must-win game. Why am I still positive? Because we did it in the beginning.

“You can not be a bad or good manager in a week. If the team was really good, signed two wingers, made crosses – we can not be wrong in everything after six weeks. “

Brands, however, have had more time to prove themselves, and things have not gone according to plan in that regard. Therefore, while Benitez remains confident so far, Brands will seek his next challenge.

READ MORE: Tottenham given hope as Rafa Benitez is ready to sacrifice an important Everton man

.



Source link

%d bloggers like this: