Carragher urges Liverpool to focus their transfer attention on Jude Bellingham

This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”


Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has told the club’s hierarchy who their top transfer target should be in 2022.

Reports put the Reds in the hunt for a number of top stars from across Europe. As their famous front three is around the 30s, Liverpool are looking at long-term replacements.

Porto ace Luis Diaz is on their radar. And the 24-year-old would certainly be an impressive conquest – his record stands at 12 goals in 15 league games this season.

However, there are alternatives in case Diaz should prove to be too expensive. French striker Ousmane Dembele could become a free agent in June following the latest update on his Barcelona contract discussions.

One Sky Sports claims journalist Dembele has left Xavi ‘speechless’ with its monumental wage demands. That means Liverpool will have to cram out to agree on terms with the fast-moving star, even though he would not demand a transfer fee.

However, Carragher believes Liverpool should completely circumvent their pursuit of a new striker.

The expert, who played 737 games for the Reds in all tournaments, believes a central midfielder should be a priority. And he has one name in mind to fill that role.

During a Twitter Q&A session, Carragher was asked for a player Liverpool should sign in January. He replied, ‘Jude Bellingham, and the summer window is fine for me!’

The English national team player Bellingham would no doubt have an impact at Anfield. The 18-year-old has been one of Dortmund’s best players since his £ 25million move from Birmingham in 2020.

The Bundesliga club is aware of the growing interest in his services and wants to start negotiations on a new deal. His current terms do not expire until 2025, but Dortmund want to extend them further.

Football Insider claims that Marco Rose’s side will try to ‘sweeten the deal’ by landing Bellingham’s brother Jobe from Birmingham.


A look at the leaders who have bowed out after FA Cup defeats


Liverpool coach gives Jurgen Klopp an update

Meanwhile, Liverpool coach Peter Krawietz says Klopp hopes to become one back in dugout this weekend.

The German missed a 2-2 draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge after a positive test for coronavirus.

But he could return to the fold when Liverpool host Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup on Sunday.

When asked if Klopp would be back on the sidelines, Krawietz said: “Of course we hope so.

“He’s fine so far, he’s fine, but of course the rules are as they are and he also has to do tests. We hope he’s fine tomorrow, yes. “

Krawietz, however, was unable to confirm which players would be available for the clash at. 14:00 as the test continues.

READ MORE: Two big deals on the way to Liverpool as Klopp drives star out – Euro Paper Talk

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: