This post contains affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Pape Matar Sarr from Metz and the sale of Moussa Sissoko to Watford in a forward double transfer.
Sarr had attracted considerable interest from big sites like Manchester United and Chelsea. Goal Tottenham are rejected their Premier League rivals to secure an impressive coup. The 18-year-old midfielder will stay with French side Metz on loan this season.
No details such as the fee or length of the contract signed by the Senegalese international have yet been made public.
Shortly after announcing the purchase of the promising youngster, Spurs also revealed that they have agreed a deal with the Hornets on Sissoko.
The Frenchman had been told he was surplus to the requirements at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by Nuno Espirito Santo.
He had struggled to find a club in Europe willing to sign him. Goal it turned out that Xisco Munoz’s page was interested yesterday.
Discussions progressed quickly and he has signed a two-year contract with the club. Interestingly, he will be available for their showdown against Spurs this weekend.
Sissoko will bring bags of experience to the newly promoted side as they look set to survive their first season back in top flight.
It is also a wise piece of business by Tottenham. They’ve got a 32-year-old player out of their books who has never made a place in start-XI his own.
And in return, they have signed on for a very youthful midfielder who could develop into a great presence in their team.
Sarr enjoyed plenty of action in Ligue 1 last season after moving to France from his home country in 2020.
He scored three goals in 22 games, which made the transition to elite football very smooth. He has been shut down by Senegal twice.
Tottenham without record signing again
Meanwhile, Tottenham boss Nuno has confirmed that Tanguy Ndombele will not be involved against Watford at the weekend.
The club plate signing has not been in the pre-season or the first four games of the campaign at all and is believed to have asked to leave the club.
However, it remains to be seen whether Spores will let him leave before Tuesday’s deadline for the transfer window.
Asked if his situation had changed, Nuno said, “No, we’re talking yesterday and we’re talking the day before Tanguy is with us. He has not been an option. Nothing has really changed. ”
READ MORE: Ole Gunnar Solskjær beats ‘out of position’ Man Utd club legend for harsh comments